[pct-l] Vitamin Confusion

I can only comment on what I have noticed for myself, and directly observed
with other people.

In this case, notably, It is mostly scouts that have gone hiking and
backpacking with me.

I carry two bottles to drink from.  One plain water, the other some type of
electrolyte.

Personally I like Wyler's or CountryTime lemonade.  Others use Gatorade,
etc.  I think it's important to use real sugar and not the diet things.  It
seems to make a difference to me.  Another item the works is lemon drop hard
candies or any tart candy.  It's the combo of sugar and acid that makes it
work, as far as I know.

But here is the thing that I have noticed.  If I or one of my scouts is
dragging, take a swig of the electrolyte or suck on a candy.  Within a few
minutes of drinking I notice the energy level pick right up.

Im not an dietician either, but sure seems to work for me.  Along that line,
most of the drinks I get are vitamin fortified, so I am hopefully
replenishing any of the water soluble vitamins.

BTW, never thought of Tang.  I like it, and think I'll give it a try next
time.

I also like my Pop Tarts in the morning too.

Ben

Message: 13