[pct-l] Frogg Toggs

I had my Frogg Toggs ( top and bottoms) with me for our entire thru hike
of the PCT in 2004.  I had the pullover jacket and it worked well to
keep me warm but was a pain in the butt to take on and off.  I'd have
much preferred to have the new zip front, but I made do with what I
had.    I snagged the top on a thorny bush but it only made a tiny hole
and I learned to watch more closely for thorny bushes!  While they are
great for keeping the wet out, they also keep the sweaty wet in. Without
the zip front, it was nearly impossible  for me to get good ventilation.
I sometimes hiked with the waist band pulled up under my bustline just
to moderate my body temperature and keep a little drier 'sweat-wise'.  I
have since purchased and hiked in the zip front jacket and it works out
MUCH better.  The pants wore a bit between the thighs (I'm a big girl)
but other than that they performed well.  I think a longer zipper on the
pants would be nice. 2" more would have made it easier to put them on
over my boots in the Sierra's.  The elastic bands at the cuff and waist
of both the top and bottoms will stay wet quite a bit longer than you'd
think, but eventually they do dry out.  I'm sold on them even with their
small problems.  An armpit zipper would be handy too.

Taper Off