From: Ben Holmes <beholmes2004@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sep 28, 2005 12:26 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Horse Rentals near the PCT

Hey all,

I haven't seen this one on the list.  I'm looking for someone or some
company that rents Horses and perhaps a horse trailer to go with the horse
in the San Gorgonio's - Near Big Bear area.

Basically I love to hike, and a female friend of mine loves to ride.  I
don't care to ride, and she really can't handle the endurance needed to take
on long hikes.  So, here is the idea.  She can ride and I can walk with her.
We both get to enjoy the PCT together in our own way.

She is an expert rider, and really knows her way around horses.  I'm doing
good if I can ID the right end of the horse.  So, I'm not really looking for
a Pack train or guided tour setup, but something where we can rent a horse
for a weekend.

Any ideas are appreciated, or if someone wants to recoup some of their cost
of owning a horse and rent the horse out, that would be great.  I know that
"loaning" out a horse is a very personal choice for the owner, and the horse
too.  But wanted to see if this was something people might consider.

Thanks
Ben
http://crazy_old_scout.tripod.com/