[pct-l] Restop

Do we really have to deal with this crap?..... err yea, I guess we do.

Doc.

From: griffin at u.washington.edu (Tom Griffin)
Date: Wed Sep 28 15:28:12 2005
Subject: [pct-l] Entering the USA from Canada

I agree with No Way Ray. However, if you are NOT a U.S. or a Canadian
citizen and you want to start your hike at Manning and go southbound, my
advice is to enter the U.S. first. For example, arrive at the Seattle
airport, clear U.S. customs, and then take a bus to Vancouver. (From the
airport you can take Quick Shuttle right to B.C. Phone 604-940-4428 or
1-800-665-2122.) When you drive into Canada at the border, U.S. customs
does not stop traffic going north. As far as the U.S. is concerned, you
are still in the U.S. This way, when you re-enter the U.S. from Manning,
you won't have to "declare" yourself at some customs office hundreds of
miles away from the trail.

Tom Griffin
Seattle
PCT Pages: http://staff.washington.edu/griffin/pct.html