[pct-l] HERE THEY COME.........SOBOS ON THEIR WAY TO MEXICO

ed wrote:

> I want to say a big THANK YOU to Pea Hicks AKA Girl Scout for building a new
> PCT Terminous for Keneddy Meadows...It showed up in a box brought from
> Washington....It is a scale model to look just like the other two and has
> the words Keneddy Meadows as the terminus....cool...HOWEVER its painted pea
> green, gee i wonder why!!!!!!!!

lol!!! actually, i mainly picked that color because i wanted something
bright so the small black lettering would show up ok in photos. also,
since the two official monuments aren't the same color, i decided i
could take liberties and come up with something festive. at least it
won't go un-noticed when sitting by the trail!

> There is a party of sorts happening up there this week end to celebrate the
> finishing of the hike for some folks so thats why Pea made a new Monument!!!

my hope is to have it available for as many hikers who are finishing
there as possible. i know i already missed some, but i was under a time
crunch. anyway, i still haven't decided exactly where the mini-monu will
end up after this season- the text is just glued-on paper, so it can be
changed to anything. it's tagged for km this year because alot of people
flipped from there. i thought about making it a generic monument and
having it available in the future for section hikers who may be
finishing in all sorts of random places. it could be shipped to them for
their photo op. we'll see... it wasn't too hard to make, so if there's a
need, more could be fabricated. anyone interested in making one for
themselves can contact me for measurements, etc.

nice chatting w/ you today meadow ed!

girlscout

--
Pea Hicks