[pct-l] Re: pct-l Digest, Vol 29, Issue 22

Absolutely right on, Jeff.
Nikon Coolix S4 is the model - very nice piece of equipment - thanks
for the tip!
And you're also right that digital zoom capabilities are marketing
fluff.
Optical zoom however is very important, as are the MP capability. A 3MP
image will essentially give you a sharp 5X7 print. A 6MP will give you
an 8X10 print with the same sharpness, and the Nikon optics (the glass
in the lens and how accurately the elements are aligned) are
historically industry standards, although I still want to see an actual
image test.

Mo Jo