[pct-l] Places to Stay

My wife and I stayed at two places, while hiking most of the Oregon this year, that we would like to recommend to future Oregon PCT hikers.

The first is the Willamette Pass Inn located in the village of Crescent Lake about 7-8 miles south of the trail crossing of Highway 58. (This is a couple of miles after passing near Odell Lake.) We elected to go there rather than Shelter Cove because we were taking a day off and wanted a restaurant.

It is a tough hitch even though lots of traffic. (People coming out of the side road to Odell Lake completely ignored us.)  HOWEVER the inn's manager, Diane, will come and pick you up if you call her. There may be a phone at the ski area a quarter mile north of the trail/road crossing. She will also take you back to the trailhead.

The best value for the money we have found anywhere on the trail. Spacious room, free snacks, a kitchenette, nicely furnished.  Laundry on site. Post office across the road.
Good cafe nearby for bkfst and lunch. Bar/saloon a block away serves broasted chicken for dinner, plus has pool tables and several beer brands.  Two stores closeby, one well furnished, the other less so.

The second is the Sisters Motor Lodge. Located at the intersection of Hgways 242 and 20, both of which come from the trail. Mary and Ted Fowler own it and run it. They are becoming increasingly interested in the PCT and its hikers. Well maintained with nice rooms. Ted was extremely helpful in getting us to Bend for boot repair and fuel resupply. Also took us back to the trailhead.  Sisters is small enough for everything to be in reasonable walking distance. (The library has great internet access.) Can't say enough nice things about our stay there!

For what it's worth.

Terry Marbach

Electronic Privacy Notice: This E-mail message is for the sole use of the
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply E-mail, and destroy
all copies of the original message. Kirr, Marbach & Company, LLC