[pct-l] ultralight backpacking

Warm, safe, fed and dry are my parameters.  Then I tend toward the edge
considering the hike.
All that is in that 5 lbs (Can vary 4 to 7 1/2  (depending on freezing or
rainy conditions)).

I always carry a sewing kit with patch materials.

Warner Springs Monty

have paid the price.  My tent began to tear the first season, and this
summer I had to literally carry my backpack four miles up the John Muir
Pass before my buddies caught up with a sewing kit and heavy duty safety
pins.  (Guess I should have been prepared for that possibility anyway, but
the pack had only been used once before.)

> > I figured there are two things you just can't scrimp on:  shelter and
pack.  I now use a 3# single hubba tent.  It is extremely sturdy and all
the space I need.  I am still working the pack question but am looking at a
Gregory Z (3#).  I think for the most part it is a matter of finding what
is right for you and just how much you are willing to carry.  Good Luck!
Can'tquit