[pct-l] Echo Lake to Old Station

Just finished my second-longest section to date last week.  Being a northbounder, I had the great privilege of running into a bunch of southbounders and flip-floppers.  Meeting these through-hikers is always a highlight.  The ones who brightend my adventure this time were:  HIGHLANDER, TEAL, BUCKEYE, TOMATO, TWISTED SISTER, WALKING LARRY, HALL CAT, MOM, DAD AND THE MILKMAN, KOALA, WOLF, SHADE, THE BOAT PEOPLE, ONE GALLON, GREG, LETTERMAN, DAVE, MAMA'S BOY, PIROUETTE, BLAST, NO NAME, K-BEAR, FREE BIRD, RAIN QUEEN, JYM BEAM, NICKEL, WILD CAT, plus a couple more whose names I didn't get.

The best piece of advice most of them gave me was to stop at Drakesbad.  I thought I had died and gone to heaven as I soaked in the hot pool.  Getting there on a Wednesday meant BBQ night - steak and all the trimmings (plus complimentary wine!).  And let's not forget breakfast the next morning of Belgian waffles and ham at my own beautifully-set table.  Those folks are fabulous!

The next night, however, it was back to reality as I got hailed on in Lassen Park.
But even that was an adventure to remember.  My 11-year odyssey on the P.C.T. will end next year when I come out through Mt. Whitney.  I look forward to standing atop that peak in my 70th year.

T.O.B.