[pct-l] Altitude gain/loss

Message: 26
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 21:00:55 -0600
From: "Jerry Goller" <jerrygoller@backpackgeartest.org>
Subject: RE: [pct-l] Altitude gain/loss for the PCT, and Oregon really
is flat!
To: "'Jeff Moorehead'" <jeffmoorehead1@cox.net>,
<pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>

Actually, you can set your Kestrel 4000 to automatically store sample
intervals of 2 sec, 5 sec, 10 sec, 20 sec, 30 sec, 1 min, 2 min, 5 min, 10
min, 20 min, 30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, 5 hr, and 12 hr.

That will give you sampled time periods of 8 min, 20 sec, through 17 wk, 6
days, depending on the sampling interval. I set mine to sample every 5
minutes for winter over night tests and every 20 minutes for 3 season
weekend trips. You can set it to overwrite and continue sampling or stop
recording at the end of the memory capabilities.

You can download that info to an Excel spreadsheet, as well.

I've been using one for 2 or 3 years now.

Jerry

You guys are serious, aren't you???!!

JoAnn