[pct-l] hikers we met in Oregon

Just thought I'd write a bit about my recent trip with my fiancee Sarah to hike the 2003 B&B fire section.  We went southbound, from Olallie to McKenzie Pass, so we met many of the 2005 thru's.  We had beautiful weather, and some spectacular trail.  I had heard that this section, missed by many of the 2003 hikers, was one of the highlights of the trail, and I'm glad I went back to see it.  The burned section was a little hot & depressing, but only made me appreciate the rest all the more.

Many thanks first to Steel-Eye, who was kind enough to drive us from one end to the other!!

Here are the hikers we met, in order of appearance as we moved north (9/4) to south (9/8):
Lost (Todd)
DOT and Bob
Nabor J and Chowder
Hidalgo (who was trying to pull a 50 miler into Olallie - ouch!)
Aramas and Athos
Toaster
Batteries Included, Pepper Jack, and Bearcan't
Choo Choo (section hiker southbound)
Cookie Monster and Bloody Knuckles (who hiked in 2003 as Baby Swiss)
Donna and Gruevy
Hombre, Razz, Salty Dog, and Liz (met these 4 on a day trip to Crater Lake on 9/9)

We were hoping to climb Thielsen, but Sarah's blisters and deteriorating weather steered us to Crater Lake instead, where I was able to menatlly revisit maybe my best evening on the trail ever.

With this section I have completed all of California and Oregon.  Now I just have to figure out when I can get back out there for Washington!!

Good luck to all the 2005 hikers!
Ajax

Yahoo! for Good