[pct-l] Tent Ground Cloth

Here's a little factoid for ya:  I had a wet mylar space blanket
(silver on one side and shiny orange on the other) spread out to dry
in my garage when the garage was burglarized by a suburban gang of
raccoons. Apparently there are two things the Northside Racc gangstas
cannot resist: my dog's food and urinating on mylar.  So brazen were
these ring-tailed raiders that, when I caught them in the act one
night, perched atop a counter with the lid removed from my plastic
dog food tub, their reaction was to EAT FASTER.  I found it necessary
to arm myself with a broom and actually beat the masked marauders on
their hind quarters before they would retreat.  Even then my
purloining procyoninae felt compelled to make one last crackling pass
through the mylar on their way back to the mean streets of their
suburban turf.  Now, I am not a man of delicate sensitivities.  I
grew up on a farm where I was called upon to move vast quantities of
animal waste to and fro with a bulldozer. Nonetheless,  I found that
the odor of raccoon urine made me gag and I was forced to discard the
mylar.  Coyotes and deer have managed to adapt to this suburban
setting also.  Can black bears be far behind? I think I'd need more
than a broom.

Wayne Kraft