[pct-l] Re: "Delicate Princess Foot Syndrome"

Maggie wrote:

> I have been backpacking for 6 years now. The longest I have been on the trail
is all of 4 days. I have yet to make it thru a trip without mangling my feet. I
just returned early from an attempt at JMT section hike from Tuolumne Meadows to
VVR. We were forced to hike out at Agnew Meadows due to what I sarcastically
refer to as my "delicate princess feet."

I was tied up this past week so did not respond. Tonight I copied all the
comments into a document (14 pages in length after playing with formatting).
Over the next week when I am in San Antonio for a conference, I will read it
over and add my two cents worth. A lot of help was offered and at first
glance, much of was very good and I am sure we can all learn from Maggie's
problem.

John Vonhof
New Happy Feet blog: http://www.vonhof.typepad.com/happy_feet/
http://www.footworkpub.com
Fixing Your Feet: Prevention and Treatments for Athletes, 3rd edition
Subscribe to the free monthly ezine on foot care at my blog or website