[pct-l] Re: pct-l Digest, Vol 29, Issue 2

I did this section July 15-17.  It was very hot (95 at low altitudes, 80 at
high altitudes, sleeping bag open at night) -- and could be similar now.

I visited (not an option in the heat) all three springs -- Live Oak, Cedar,
and Apache.  Live Oak and Cedar had plenty of water and almost certainly are
fine now.  But plan for the fact that they are 500' below and a mile away
from the trail.  Apache Spring was only a bit more than a trickle back then
-- I'd be a bit concerned about availability there now.  It is only a half
mile off trail -- but again about 500' down.  So visiting all three does add
5 miles and 1500' of climbing to your itinerary.

Wishing you cool weather ...