[pct-l] Desperately need help for "Delicate Princess FootSyndrome"

I went the "low rent" route after several years of taping and hobbling and
got the custom orthotics that REI sells. I told the guy exactly where it
hurt and he did some extra work on those areas for support. Then, since I
have the same issue of feeling like my bones are too close to my skin, I put
a spenco insole on top of the hard orthotic.

Then after years of pain from expensive boots, hiking shoes, you name it, I
started buying Hi Tech hikers, which are about as cheap a boot as you can
get, and replacing them at least once a year. They have a ton of foam
padding in them, especially around the ankles.

I also figured out that I have to buy a men's last as a women's last pinches
my toes, as my feet are very narrow on back and wide in front,

In addition, somewhere there's a website that tells ways to lace your boots
to put less pressure on the toes and more around the heel. Maybe someone has
it around.

Also, I assume you've read John VonHof's book. He got me figuring out what I
needed to look for, then I just had to find a combination that worked.

Carolyn Eddy
"Sweet Goat Mama"
www.goattracksmagazine.com