[pct-l] Scary trail sounds

I was camping on the desert and had just been asleep for about an hour when
I heard a person outside my tent yelling at me really loud.
I couldn't imagine what I had done to make someone so mad, and was terrified
at the thought of a confrontation with someone that angry, since I was by
myself.
I sat bolt upright at which point the noise completely stopped. I looked at
my dog and she was lying there unconcerned.

After my heart quit pounding quite so hard, I laid back down. The noise
started again, at which time I was awake enough to realize that I was lying
on a rodent burrow and someone had come home and found his house wrcked.
And, yes, he was really, ticked..
Of course, then I got the giggles and couldn't quit laughing. My dog was
sure I had gone completely over the edge.

Rodents scare me worse than bears.

Carolyn Eddy
"Sweet Goat Mama"
www.goattracksmagazine.com