[pct-l] favorite spring?

I second the motion for this same spring.  As I recall, it is just  below the
summit of Devils Peak, 4000 feet or so above Seiad Valley.  I  spent the
night on top of the peak, and my diary shows that the sunset was  spectacular.

The only other spring that comes to mind was a small trickle on Buck Peak,
north of Lolo Pass near the Columbia River Gorge in Oregon.  There was no
actual campsite, so the five people in my party that night all slept in the  trail.

My third memorable spring was Kennedy in Washington - but it is my
understanding that it was wiped out in the flood.  What a bummer.

Bill Jensen
Portland Trailblazers
PCT '77

Brian Bowlsby _go4ahike  at pacifier.com _
(mailto:pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net?Subject=[pct-l]%20favorite%20spring?&In-Reply-To=42FCC482.3050000@jeffnet.o
rg)
Sat Aug 13 11:47:57 CDT 2005
My favorite spring was the one near the top of the long, very hot climb out

of Seiad Valley. It was cold and clear and there is a nice tree root to sit

on also. In addition to that, I was so close to the Oregon border, I could

almost see it!  I don't have to explain to other thruhikers what it feels

like to finally get out of California!!! California is one looonnnggg state!

Steady