[pct-l] Back injury exercises?

Several years ago I hurt my back seriously and by shear luck happened to
correct it in a snow sledding run!  Since then I have maintained it by keeping my
stomach muscles in good condition.  I lay on my back on the floor and raise my
knees up and put my hands behind my head with my elbows extended and
"bicycle", alternating touching a elbow to the opposite knee.  It isn't hard to do
many, but around 100 you start to really feel it.  I'm up to 200 a day and my
"six pack" is taking shape, my back feels great, and hiking season is still open
until November in California!

YMMV, HYOH, IMHO, I am NOT a doctor,

Greg

taurodea@gmail.com writes:
"I'm wondering if anyone can suggest, once I recover well enough to
walk and stand (much less sit up without crying like a little girl),
simple exercises I can do to stretch and strengthen my stomach and
back."