[pct-l] Falling on the Trail

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about the hikers who died  or got
hurt last winter and this spring/summer hiking on or around the  PCT?  It
seems the common connection is falling and falling on  snow.  I just wondered if
anyone had some thoughts and advice on  this.  Also, I wonder if they were
using hiking poles or ice axes when  these accidents happened.

I really have not heard of any hikers getting seriously hurt in other
activities, except falling.  I guess a hiker fell through  the ice on a lake and
died.  That might be different.  There is a  missing hiker since May in SoCal.
Did he have hiking poles?

Thanks, Switchback
World Famous PCT Section Hiker, Estimated Completion Date of  2145