[pct-l] [cdt-l] FW Missing CDT hiker - Found!!!!!!!!

thank goodness he's okay!!!

Ronald Moak <rmoak@sixmoondesigns.com> wrote:
I hope, unlike my first attempt, this message will make it to both mailing
lists. If it fails to show up on CDT-L in the next half hour, would someone
with better connections to the internet gods please forward it. Thanks.

Anyway Bill Jennings is safe and sound. He was found by a helicopter some 6
miles south of Wolf Creek Pass. Even though tired and hungry, he refused the
ride and hiked out the final miles to the pass last night. From there he was
taken by the Sheriff department to Pagosa Springs.

Apparently he realized early his mistake with re-guard to food allocation
and conserved his food. In addition, snow and sever lighting storms forced
him to make several detours from the normal route adding to his mileage.

I don't know if he's planning on continuing north to Lake City. If he does,
I hope his pack has more food!

Fallingwater