[pct-l] Ultrathon bug juice loses

Terriann wrote: "We applied the Ultrathon first thing in the morning to cook
breakfast and it worked for about 2 hours at which point the timer on the
timed release started ticking toward 'useless' very quickly.  By 3 hours we
were either re-applying the repellant or going out of our minds.  We used up
almost the complete 2 oz tube over 4 days on 2 people and 2 small dogs just
to keep sane.  Oh, and it also managed to quite nicely cancel out our
sunscreen when applied either under or over in layers (never happens with
100% DEET)"

Another example of YMMV, isn't it!  I've always had good experience with
Ultrathon in prime mosquito season in the Sierras, but sometimes the
mosquitoes don't read the labels.   Sounds like you gave the Ultrathon a
good workout - maybe you should copy the manufacturer on your email to the
list.

Lessee, hydrocortisone, mild salt water baths, baking soda baths....good
luck on keeping the itching down.

Christine "Ceanothus" Kudija
PCT partially '94

www.pcta.org
Join Now!

Never measure the height of a mountain until you have reached its top.  Then
you will know how low it was.
                                                                     Dag
Hammarskjold