[pct-l] Reno to Alpine Meadow; bear can?

Several of you have given me detailed transportation advice for getting from
Reno to the PCT, for which I'm grateful. Now it looks to me like getting
from the Reno Airport to Alpine Meadows and hiking from Alpine Meadows to
Echo Lake isbout right for me. (I'll be hiking from 9.24.)

So, any suggestions as to how to make that connection? As far as I can tell,
Alpine Meadow is Squaw Valley, right?

I gather that I'll need a bear can. Right?