[pct-l] More news from the trail

Got another call from Darrell this weekend.  He's made it as far as  Elk
Lake.  No detailed water report, but he said that all of Yogi's tips on  where to
look have proved very accurate and the water is plentiful.

He has begun to encounter SoBo hikers.  No names, I'm sorry he didn't  get
names, I would like  to be able to let you know specific  people.  He said so
far he as encounter 5 men and 2 women hiking  southbound.

He has also enjoyed the company of some other hikers in the evenings.
Marvin and a couple named Anne and Lee have been camping with him most evenings
since Crater Lake.  Darrell has enjoyed this a lot.  He did the  California
stretch all alone last year, which was pretty much what he  expected.  But he says
it's this year it is really nice to have some folks  to share the evenings
with at the end of a long day of hiking.

That's our report for this week.  Not sure if I'll hear from him when  he
gets to Olallie Lake.  He thinks that the phone costs from there may be
prohibitive.  We'll see.  Our next report might have to wait until  Bridge of the Gods.

Hope all is well with everyone else and that you're enjoying your  summer.

Betsy