[pct-l] Big ALDHA-West Gathering

The big American Long Distance Hiking Association-West Gathering up near
Lake Tahoe (Sierra Camp) on September 30 - October 2 will have some big exciting
events this year.  Part of the program will include these free  events:

1.  Switchback's World Famous Gear Weighing Table
2.  Switchback's World Famous Reflective Tent Stake Painting  Booth
3.  Gear Seminar hosted by Switchback (world's slowest  backpacker),
Can'tQuit (one of the fastest backpackers), and Rattlesnake (trail  connoisseur).  The
seminar will include PowerPoint slides. This  will be a seminar where
everyone will join in with their insights.

I know you are now changing your vacation plans, so you don't miss the
excitement.  Remember, there will be no place on earth with more hiking  expertise
in one spot than there on that weekend.

By the way, on October 2, 1968, the National Trails System Act made the PCT
a National Scenic Trail.  I bet the PCTA will be there with a BIG  carrot (my
favorite) pan cake to celebrate the event. :-)

Your hiking buddy, Switchback