[pct-l] goats and nps land (was a boy and his dog...)

They are less work than Llamas. Llamas have the capability to cover more
ground per day, I think, but I'm not in a hurry and I love the way goats
interact with people. Goats are not good thru-hiker companions but they are
great for sections, and for slower hikers.

The bighorn sheep issue is fraught with misinformation. We actually have
studies that prove that goats are no  more likely than any other animal to
spread diseases. The probelm is getting all the land managers to actually
read the info. We have a couple of research veterinarians at Caine Vet
Center who have spent several years working on this, so if anyone tells you
otherwise, please have them contact me and I will gladly put them in touch
with them.

Carolyn Eddy
"Sweet Goat Mama"
www.goattracksmagazine.com