[pct-l] Big Summer Expeditions Options for You

Well, it is time for the annual  humiliation on the Mt. Whitney trail.  I
hope to get a walk-in overnight  permit for a Tuesday-Friday expedition.  This
will be sometime in July if  the snow is off the trail.  Camping will be at
Outpost Camp, Trail Camp,  somewhere on Whitney, and Friday back to the Portal
parking lot.  I will  stay at the Dow Motel Friday night in the old section with
dinner at the  Merry-Go-Round restaurant.  Drive Saturday back to Las Vegas
through  Death Valley.

Also, I am considering a big  expedition on the High Sierra Camps trail out
of Toulumne Meadows.  This  will be a loop trip back to the parking lot at the
backcountry ranger  station.  This will be in August.

Late September there is a  possibility of a hike into the ADLA-West Gathering
on the PCT.  Probably  from the south to the north.

Anyone interested in these  adventurous hikes, let me know.

Your 1.5 MPH Hiking Buddy and PCT  Groupie, Switchback