[pct-l] Wildernes Pass for PCT in Yosemite area

I'm just starting to plan a short trip on the PCT for Labor Day weekend.
I've heard I would need a wilderness pass to do the section of PCT in
Yosemite area from Tuolumne Meadows to Devils Postpile. Anyone know
which trail that is so I can see if the wilderness passes are already
full for that section? Also does anyone have a recommendation on (north
or south) direction to take this part of the trail in early September?

Thanks!

Nan