From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of DjgPct@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 6:35 AM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] mountaineering skills

In a message dated 6/9/2005 1:08:53 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
gregray8@yahoo.com writes:

Now,  finally the question... are there places in sunny So Cal where one can
get  professional mountaineering field instruction?   I know quite enough
about desert survival, but snow, ice, and high altitude???
It might as  well be the moon to me.

Hi Greg-

It would seem to me that to get instruction that truly offers you  hands-on
learning, you'd need to travel north to get this  experience.  Unless
someone
has an indoor facility with a mountain covered  in man-made snow & ice!
=;-)
Would probably be worth the  trip...

Betsy