[pct-l] Dreary weather in the North Cascades

On the east side here in WA , we are having dreary, dreary weather -
raining, cloud level 1,500 ft., 48 degrees.  A nice warm rain will actually
melt snow faster than the sunshine, but I don't think that is what is
happening on the PCT.  It was just as bad yesterday.   Last Saturday, I
could see new snow down to 4,500 feet on Mt Sauk.  Sometimes the weather
amelioates as it goes East, and the rain dumps more on the West side.  The
weather has been lousy for a week, and the forecast for the coming week does
not look a lot better. I think I would take my chances in Oregon or CA.

Every time I look out the window or hear the rain on my tarp all night, I
think about those folk out there onthe trail.  I don't stop thinking about
them.  Trying to manage the snow pack in rain or sleet in the NOrth Cascades
must be one of the toughest trail experiences.
You never get dry, and start to wonder if there is a dry piece anywhere on
the earth.  It is so easy to get cold and start to try shortcuts or make
mistakes.  In California , I always knew that eventually the sun would come
out and I would get dry.

Concrete is a possible place to hole up and a two hour drive from Rainy Pass
(well named), I could take a few people.

Goforth