[pct-l] PCT north of Tuolumne?

Hi,

I'm new to the list and looking for some information on the character of the PCT from Tuolumne Meadows north to the Lake Tahoe area.  I've hiked the JMT and various trails between Whitnew and Tuolumne, and last year I did a section of the Sierra High Route north of Tuolumne to Mono Lakes.

I'm trying to assess whether I'd prefer to do more hiking south of Tuolumne or to hike a section of the PCT up to the Tahoe area.  From the Tahoe area, I'm thinking of getting on the Tahoe Rim Trail, and walking a stretch of it until I hit the main road to Reno where I'd hope to get a flight home.

The Tahoe Rim Trail allows mountain bikes and equestrians.  Is it a gorgeous walk or a crowded thruway where some bicyclist is bound to knock me over?  How does terrain north of Sonora Pass compare to the Sierras further south?  It a pleasant walk in piney woods or a don't-miss-it-for-anything lovely walk in the mountains?

Thanks in advance,

Sarah