From: JoAnn M. Michael
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Cc: John Lyons
Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2005 11:41 AM
Subject: JoAnn and Tom PCTA 5-05

The attached photo is of myself, JoAnn Michael and Tom Pelsor; two of the 12 volunteers working above Castle Crags (Section P) May 15th thru May 21st. through the PCT Association. They worked through terrible rain and the night of the worse of it, most all of us had wet gear from one extreme to another. The tarps leaked a little and the wind blew. The campsite was 'created' just for this trip and was not what you might call level or rock free, i.e., there were many of us who tripped more than once.  We spent one whole day in camp due to the rain being too strong to work through. Some of the crew were about 3.5 miles above camp working when the rain changed to snow...they returned to camp. Though our gear was transported via mules, each person walked 4 miles just to get to camp.

I mention this to remind you of those out there who work, through most all types of weather, to keep in PCT in the best shape they can manage.  Without them, the  PCT would impassable.

Please, offer whatever help you can. I'm not able to do the actual trail work so I cook and wash dishes for the camp. Do whatever you can. The trail needs you. And, a personal bonus is that you meet great folks and have a good time...even in the rain. This trip was organized and arranged by Area Coordinator, John Lyons who puts more effort into the PCT than 10 other folks. Check the pcta.org for trail crews near you. THANK YOU to those who come forward and meet the chanllenge.

Sincerely,

JoAnn
jomike@cot.net
530-938-4826