From: "Geoffrey Selling" <geoffreys@gfsnet.org>
To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 6:47 PM
Subject: [pct-l] Canadian Immigration Question

> I just sent off my request for permission to enter Canada today (May
31st).  I'm hoping to have my wife send it on to me in Stehekin.  (I'm
setting out on June  21st from Snoqualamie Pass and heading
> north).  If the permit doesn't come in time, how serious is this?  On the
permit, it talks about checking in at Hope.  Do folks who've crossed to
Manning actually take the Greyhound to Hope, check in
> with immigration, and then continue on to Vanouver on a later Greyhound or
do they just skip the checking in.  Does anyone every really get stopped and
have their pass asked for?   Is this something