[pct-l] DEET

Ryan Brooks wrote:

> Small world, perhaps?  I met a girl like this in Alaska about 8 years
> ago in Denali.  And she was in De-nile as well:
>
> Told me that she liked to be bitten because it feeds the mosquitos,
> which feeds the birds, and so on.  All this while I was DEETed up and
> wearing a bug hat.

all this talk reminds me of a scene in kerouac's _on the road_ (just
listened to the audiobook whilst on the trail), toward the end, where
they're travelling thru the jungles of mexico and they let the mosquitos
overtake them with much the same "communal" attitude, becoming one with
the jungle... then they continue to wear their blood-stained shirts for
the next few days, in order to sustain the intensity of their
experience, etc...

girlscout