[pct-l] Re: PCT section questions: Tuolumne to Soda Springs

Hi Ralph

Last year I camped at a really nice creek about 12 miles befor the highway.
Kennedy Creek?  Next water source in the guidebook would be  a just after
passing through the pass.
That would be 10 miles like you asked about.

Besides that though, there was plenty of snow and runoff  for miles before
and over the pass.  This was mid July, but I'm sure there was snow for
quite a while after that.  This year?  I ASSUME there will be more snow.

I wasn't too happy about the trail design north on the pass, though.  It
was like Switchback (the less than intellegent desent just south of
Cabazon).
There is a much faster trail hidden, though, way off to the left as you are
TRYING to desend.

Tell Susan howdy

Monty

Sonora