[pct-l] Lost Hiker

Hi Shutterbug  I guess we will go from Fobes saddle to Saddle Junction and down Devil's slide to Humber Park. I remember some pretty hairy parts when I did that last year. Could have been bad if there was snow and ice when he went through there.  Hey "Oil Can" if you are reading this I was wondering if you would want to go since you and Bryan both need this section. Let me know. We will be leaving Friday around 2pm from Elsinore, or we could make other plans on when we leave.
                         "Be Prepared"  Ground Pounder Bill    "Semper Fi"
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Shutterbug steiner
  To: Bill & Cathy
  Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 10:04 AM
  Subject: Re: [pct-l] Lost Hiker

  The point last seen (May 3rd PM) and IMO the most likely search area is a 3 mile radius around Saddle Junction.  Mike M and the Manson family are searching in this area Friday.  The snowline was at the ridge a few weeks ago when I was there but by now you should be able to get to Welmans Divide and stay mostly snow free.  An official SAR is also being coordinated but I do not know the details.

  Duane
  Bill & Cathy <tahoe.cat@verizon.net> wrote:
    Hi All Does any one have an update on the "Missing Hiker"? My grandson and
    I can go up Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon to help search. Just
    need to know what section and how much snow we might encounter. Don't have
    crampons or ice axe yet but we can go any where else. Let me know.
    Ground Pounder Bill and Eagle Scout Bryan