[pct-l] shepherd pass

Hi Marmot,

> As soon as you pass the lake at the summit and start downhill you'll
> come to a snow chute that's about 50 feet wide.  This chute makes the
> one at Forester look easy to cross.  The ice drops about 800 feet down
> to an avalanche pit.

Thank you for the warning. I checked maps and pictures and it seems
similarly steep as Harrison pass. I really want to hike up to the Kern
basin, but don't see a way of exiting gracefully (Mineral King comes to
mind, but I have no idea how we would get back to our car). Mhh, maybe we
should loop from Mineral King.

Ilja.