[pct-l] shepherd pass

I would avoid Shepherd Pass unless you have footwear that can cut an edge, have crampons, know how to use an ice ax for self-arrest and plan to start your descent in the afternoon.  As soon as you pass the lake at the summit and start downhill you'll come to a snow chute that's about 50 feet wide.   This chute makes the one at Forester look easy to cross.    The  ice drops about 800 feet down to an avalanche pit.   The word that comes to mind is intimidating.   Given the snow levels this year, Shepherd might be impassible this year.

marmot

  CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail is intended for the sole use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  You are hereby notified that any dissemination, duplication, or distribution of this transmission by someone other than the intended addressee or its designated agent is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this e-mail.