[pct-l] Will changing southbound avoid major snow??

I am on a plane to IYK to hike the PCT for the month of July.  I was going
to start at highway 178 and hike north to Tahoe.  I am not familiar with any
of the terrain and all the info I have has come from the guide books, Yogi,
and the PCT-L.  Am I getting myself into any trouble with the snow?  To
avoid serious snow I am debating on starting in Tahoe and hiking to Kennedy
Meadows.  Will this help at all?  What is everyone else with July Sierra
hikes planed doing?  Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!  Thanks,
Dustin