[pct-l] Kennedy Meadows permit and Kern crossing

Hi,

I'm planing a 10-12 days hike starting around June 17th from Kennedy
Meadows to somewhere near Onion Valley (might exit Shephards pass).
Which agency is responsible for KM permits? Is it Inyo or Sierra NF?
Where would be the best place to pick a permit up?

I'm playing with the idea to hike down and along the Kern river. Is there
a bridge at Soda springs? I assume the Kern would be at close to peak
runoff. Would crossing there without a bridge be possible at all?

Ilja.