[pct-l] Ashland North Dates

Monte Dodge wrote:

> If hiking North out of Ashland,, July 4th was the " Rule of Thumb"
> even in the 70's, if you could hike that fast . ( This would allow you
> to hit the Shakespear Fest.) With this year's snow , you can cheat up
> a Month to June 1st for a trip north.. Better yet though is a June
> 10ish start from Manning for a true thru-hike with no flipping. ( Not
> that it matters, its all in what you want in your hike)  Of course ,
> anyone who is caught flipping , will be charged double if we attend
> next year's Kick Off.... TIC

IMHO, etc., etc., anyone starting from Ashland in June will be fine for
the first 60 mi., but will start to encounter significant snow in the
Sky Lakes.  Then again, I freakin' DISLIKE hiking on snow, so I might
have a different standard...

Judson
Ashland, where I'll be leading a field trip on the PCT tomorrow near
Hyatt Lake =)