From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of matt maxon
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 9:19 AM
To: maurer@earthlink.net; pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Deet quantities

Mike
In my experience "The Best Thing" is.... a 2 way approch

1 is to treat your clothing with Permethrin
2 use a lotion on the exposed areas.

The lotion I prefer is 3M UltraThon Insect Repellent - 32% DEET, REI item
686229

a backup to the Permetherin is suggested Repel 402 1 oz. 100% DEET Insect
Repellent (Pump), a little of this goes a long way

this would be more than sufficant IMHO for anywhere you would encounter
except in the deep woods of Maine or some god awful place like that.

Trail90