[pct-l] Deet quantities

Hi all,

I've aborted my July JMT hike and will hike through Oregon instead -
July 6-28. Now then, as I'm in SoCal full time I don't have much field
experience with sustained mosquito activity. I'm trying to figure out
how much deet to carry and resupply. I would typically carry a 1 oz pump
bottle. I'll start with it full and will ship more to various resupply
points. I'd like to hike in shorts/headnet/dragonfly through the buggy
parts, using deet for my legs. If this ends up being a bad idea I'm
planning to make some breathable nylon chaps specifically for bugs.
Anyway, I'd appreciate points of view on how much deet I'd need per day
or over a 5 day resupply section in Oregon, if anyone has some experience.

Thanks.

Mike Maurer
Gossamer Gear