[pct-l] Message for Mara - RE: Snow?

My apologies to the list, but my mail is not going thru to Mara for some reason.

"Sevenon7th@yahoo.com" <sevenon7th@yahoo.com> wrote:Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 14:24:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Sevenon7th@yahoo.com" <sevenon7th@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: snow?
To: Mara Jeffress <mara@jeffress.net>

Hi Mara...

Rainier was snowy up high and VERY WET down low.  I had a fabulous time though.  Tested all of my new PCT gear.  What a way to give it a test run!

About 1 foot of new snow above 6500 feet.....  maybe 6 inches above 6,000 feet, and only an inch or two above 5400 feet.

I am still planning to go up North and check out the trail on Wednesday.  I'll definitely let you know what I find out.

Feel free to call me, although, it is hard to pin me to a phone (smiles)
Terri

Mara Jeffress <mara@jeffress.net> wrote:
Hi Terri,

How was it on Rainier this weekend? I am driving myself crazy trying
to decide when to leave and what to do. If you don't mind, I may give
you a call early to middle of this week and ask you a couple of
questions and your opinion. I just wish I still lived in Seattle then
I could go out and see the conditions with my own eyes......

I hope I am still on your passenger list for June 2nd. My husband is
really sick with some intestinal bug (he has had diarrhea for 3 days
straight!) so he may not join me after all. I don't think we can leave
his car at Hart's pass if the snow doesn't melt faster and we don't
have a ride anyway so that plan may fail....

Thanks,
Mara

On May 20, 2005, at 6:30 PM, Sevenon7th@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi Mara...
>
> It has been POURING rain off and on here for the last three days.  It
> is supposed to let up some this weekend and then be sunny starting
> next Tuesday.
>
> I'm teaching up on Mt. Rainier this weekend and the snow levels
> are unusually low up there for this time of year.  I'm planning to
> head up to North Cascades mid to late next week to check out the snow
> pack and trail conditions.
>
> My first scheduled shuttle is on June 2nd.
>
> I'm trying to recruit more shuttle drivers, because there are too many
> hikers to fit in my vehicle on the 15th!  I think we won't be hiking
> alone this year.
>
> When are you planning to start hiking?
> Terri
> Seattle
>
> Mara Jeffress wrote:
>> Hi Terri,
>>
>> I have been checking the SNOTEL every day and everything was melting
>> fine until the last few days rain.
>>
>> Have you been up to Cutthroat Pass? or Steven's recently? Is it still
>> raining?
>>
>> I would love to hear your recon.
>>
>> I may try to leave my husbands car at Hart's Pass if we can get it up
>> there. He wants to hike with me from Manning to Hart's. Although
>> maybe we will have to do something else because I haven't found anyone
>> willing to drive with us to drop off the car and then drive us to
>> Manning. It is a lot to ask anyone! When is your first trip across
>> the border?
>>
>> Mara
>>
> Discover Yahoo!
> Use Yahoo! to plan a weekend, have fun online & more. Check it out!

Terri Steele
(206) 390-7384

Terri Steele
(206) 390-7384