[pct-l] snow conditions N Cascades

Has anyone been out hiking in the N Cascades?? Can you tell me anything about current snow conditions? We are going from CO to WA, to N Cascades this weekend, planning to get a boat up Ross Lake to do Desolation Peak, 6000ft high. We've been told to expect snow after 5000. We would like to do some other hikes in the area.

Any recommended hikes where we can do 10 mi & 3000 ft+ elev gain that you'd recommend, that would be relatively snow free.