[pct-l] Donner Summit

Drove up to the PCT trailhead at Donner Summit (next to Boreal) yesterday in
an attempt to check on trail conditions and to take a little stroll on the
PCT. I say attempt because upon reaching the trailhead parking lot, we could
not actually locate the PCT because it is buried somewhere beneath 5 feet of
snow.
Foiled on our attempt, we decided to drive to Tahoe Meadows off the Mt. Rose
Highway and hike on the Tahoe Rim Trail. Driving along the Truckee River on
Hwy 89, I can say that the Truckee is flowing high and strong as is every
tributary creek passed along the way.
Upon reaching Tahoe Meadows, we discovered that the TRT there still has
about 2 feet of snow on it,  a little surprising considering the warm temps,
and the fact that it is an area that gets sunlight nearly all day. Temps are
forecast in the mid to upper 80s all week in Reno, and even low 80s at lake
level, so the snow should be melting.
Here is an article that may be of interest:

http://www.rgj.com/news/stories/html/2005/05/22/100097.php?sps=rgj.com&sch=Umbrella&sp1=rgj&sp2=umbrella&sp3=umbrella&sp5=RGJ.com&sp6=news&sp7=umbrella

Happy hiking everybody.

Daniel