[pct-l] Start Dates (long)

This year I hosted 53 hikers, an all-time record.  Previous record was last year, 36.  I took my last hiker out to the trailhead this morning, and since I didn't have to hurry back to town to open up the classroom, I decided to answer the question when did hikers start this year? This is certainly not an analysis, just the numbers, which different people will see different ways.  This is based on the trailhead register at the monument.  I did not go to the Post Office.  Any entry which indicated it was not made by a hiker was not included.  These would be drivers, well-wishers, photographers, and previous hikers returning for the ADZ.  There were entries prior to April first, but the first thru-hiker I could find started April 2.  I am only including dates in April and so far in May.  So here comes the data by date and number of starters.

Apr 2    1
        3    1
        4    1
        5    4
        6    1
        8    3
        9    8
        10  9
        11  6
        13  6
        14  7
        15  6
        16  13
        17  1
        18  1
        19  4
        20  13
        21  32
        22  58
        23  31    before/during the ADZ   223
        24  23
        25   5
        26   2
        27   2
        28   13
        29   5
        30   5    April  255
May    1   9
          2   15
          3    9
          4    10
          5    5
          6    3
          7    7
          8    6
          9    6
          10  8
          11  6
          12  3
          13  1
          14  1
          15  3
          16  14
          17  2
          18  3
          19  2
          20  14
          21   2
          22   1      May (so far)  130; after the ADZ  162.  2005 total so far  285.  Hike on !  Bob Riess at the trailhead.