[pct-l] Snow in North Cascades??

I was east of the Alpine Lakes area two weeks ago (near Leavenworth). No snow, even on north slopes, until around 5500-6000 feet.  See

http://www.pierce.ctc.edu/faculty/cwillett/local/weaselbutt/index.html

for some pictures. Note that there will be more snow near the PCT.  From 6000 to 7400 feet, there was several feet of soft, squishy snow.  We are getting more snow, I think, as we speak.

Suge

Christopher Willett
cwillett@pierce.ctc.edu
www.pierce.ctc.edu/faculty/cwillett