[pct-l] bugs in Oregon?

Matt Ripperton wrote:

>What might I expect the bugs to be like in Oregon between McKenzie Pass & Ollalie around mid July?  I would think typically they'd be awful, but it was such a dry winter...  I was planning to go around Labor Day, but thought I might move it up if I get a positive response.
>
>Experiences from Oregonians and/or thru's who were well ahead of the main herd would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Ajax

Dry winter, but a wet-ass spring. In Ashland, we have 3 times the normal
precipitation for May, and April was pretty wet, too. The Cascades
experienced/are experiencing something similar. Mosquitoes will be
extremely plentiful during July; no more so than a usual year, but
that's bad enough.

Judson
Ashland