[pct-l] Vancouver airport to bus depot + MANNING to VAN

> I tried private posting, but it won't go thru to you..... so here it is in
> public...... How long should it take to get from the Air Canada terminal >
> to the bus depot?

Should be about one or one and a half hours by bus from the airport to the
bus station in Vancouver.

I responded to another email from others yesterday but it got lost, so
here it is again.

> 1. Getting from Manning Park to Vancouver Pacific Central Station:
> I haven't had a whole lot of luck with www.greyhound.ca.  When I put in
> Manning Park the best the site comes up with is Manning, AB which I assume
> is a different place altogether.  So at this point I haven't been able to
> get schedules nor prices from Manning Park to Vancouver.

It won't let you select Manning Park as a departure point, but you CAN
select VANCOUVER to MANNING and then add a return date.  It will then show
return times from Manning Park to Vancouver.

There are only a couple though.  I would think about just hitching to
Hope.  It's close and should be an easy hitch and there will be regular
buses out of Hope to Van.

> 2. Getting from  the Pacific Central Station to the Vancouver airport:
> I have discovered that Greyhound does have a station at the Vancouver >
> airport. Although I don't know if the Manning Park to Vancouver bus goes >
> all the way to the airport or not.  I can't get Greyhound schedules for >
> this transfer either

The Manning/Hope to Van bus does not go to the airport.  You will need to
transfer at the bus station.

There is another bus line that travels between Vancouver and Vancouver
island called Pacific Coach Lines.  They service the airport route, though
the schedule is a bit confusing on their site.

> It may be faster and easier to take the city buses from the Pacific
> Central Station (I guess that's where the Manning Park bus stops) over to
> the airport instead. Although this requires a minimum of 2 transfers:

No, it would NOT be easier.  Take my word for it.   ;-)

> 3. Getting from Vancouver airport to Bellingham:
> From the Vancouver airport there is an airport shuttle,
> www.quickcoach.com, that goes between the Vancouver, Bellingham, and
> SeaTac airports.  It runs 5 times a day and costs $22 USD per person to
> Bellingham.

Sounds like a good option.

> 4. Getting from Pacific Central Station to Bellingham:
> Greyhound has a bus that goes from their Pacific Central Vancouver
station > to Bellingham 5 times a day.  However, I can't get an on-line
price for >
> this journey.  The Bellingham stop is on the south side of Bellingham bay
> whereas the airport is on the north side.  It looks like taking city buses
> to the airport would require a minimum of one transfer and you'd still
> have to walk a distance to get into the airport itself.

That sounds much more complicated than the airport bus option.

> None of this is very straightforward at all.

Don't worry, it's not as scary as it sounds.

Your best option is this.

1) Hitch to Hope
2) Greyhound Bus to Vancouver Central Station
3) PCL Bus to Vancouver Airport
4) QuickCoach bus to Bellingham Airport

Work the schedule out backwards starting with Quickcoach.

Forget about the online schedules as both the Greyhound and PCL ones are
confusing.  They're one and the same (GH and PCL) so you should be able to
get all your answers by calling Greyhound.

If scheduling does not work and you need to spend a night in Vancouver, I
will put any of you up for the night.

Cheers!
Toes