[pct-l] Highway 74 to Idyllwild Again

The trail gorrilas are working on the incline up Spitler peak.  The trail only has one downed tree and it is just before the Desert Divide.  There is NO snow until Red Taquitz and the bowl between Red Taquitz and the saddle had 2-5 ft of solid snow until the saddle.  The Devils Slide trail was just patchy and only on top.  This info was from the first week of May - so it could have changed dramatically but I did the same route as was posted yesterday and I would have aggreed with the snow conditions up San Jac.

Duane-shutterbugg

James Ritchie <ritchiej@duq.edu> wrote:
Thanks for the pointer. I saw that post and believe it only spoke to the
trail north of Saddle Junction and mentioned nothing of the Devil's Slide
Trail. I was hoping to get some specific information on the PCT south of
Saddle Junction and on the DST itself. I will not be going north of Saddle
Junction.

Jim R.